Celebrate your special occasion with the timeless classic – Savory Deviled Eggs with Relish. These delectable, bite-sized treats are perfect for parties, gatherings, or simply when you crave a taste of nostalgia.
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Paprika, for garnish
- Fresh chives, for garnish (optional)
- Mixing bowl
- Fork or potato masher
- Piping bag (optional)
- Pastry tip (optional)
- Serving platter
Hard-Boiling the Eggs:
- Boil the Eggs: Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover them with cold water. Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat. Once it’s boiling, remove the pan from the heat, cover it with a lid, and let the eggs sit for 12-14 minutes.
- Cool and Peel: Transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water to cool them down quickly. Once cooled, peel the eggs and slice them in half lengthwise.
Making the Filling:
- Remove Yolks: Gently pop out the egg yolks and place them in a mixing bowl. Set the egg white halves aside.
- Mash and Mix: Use a fork or potato masher to mash the egg yolks into a fine, crumbly texture. Add the mayonnaise, yellow mustard, sweet pickle relish, white vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix everything until it’s well combined.
Assembling the Deviled Eggs:
- Fill the Eggs: If you have a piping bag, transfer the yolk mixture to it and pipe it into the egg white halves. If not, simply spoon the mixture into the egg white halves.
- Garnish: Sprinkle a pinch of paprika on top of each deviled egg. For an extra touch, garnish with fresh chives.
- Chill and Serve: Refrigerate the deviled eggs for at least 30 minutes before serving to enhance the flavors. Arrange them on a serving platter and delight your guests.
- To easily fill the egg whites, you can use a piping bag with a pastry tip. This creates a neat and decorative presentation.
- Experiment with the filling by adding a dash of hot sauce or a pinch of dill for different flavor profiles.
- For an even creamier filling, you can add a bit more mayonnaise.
Here’s the approximate nutrition information for one serving of deviled eggs (2 halves, assuming this recipe makes 6 servings):
- Calories: 120
- Total Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 190mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 2g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 6g
Note: The nutrition facts are approximate and may vary based on the specific brands of ingredients you use.
Savory Deviled Eggs with Relish are a charming addition to any special occasion. These classic bites are not only delicious but also quick and easy to make. Whip up a batch, share it with friends and family, and watch them disappear in no time. Enjoy!