Heavenly Keto Pumpkin Pie: A Low-Carb Delight
If you’re on a keto journey but don’t want to miss out on the joy of a classic pumpkin pie, we have fantastic news for you. Our keto pumpkin pie is the perfect way to savor the warm, spiced flavors of the season while staying low-carb. It’s a delicious treat for special occasions or anytime you crave a slice of comfort.
Ingredients For the Pie Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons powdered erythritol
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients For the Pumpkin Filling:
- 1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup powdered erythritol
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9-inch pie pan
- Mixing bowls
Instructions For the Pie Crust:
- Prepare the Pan: Grease a 9-inch pie pan.
- Mix Ingredients: In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, powdered erythritol, melted unsalted butter, and vanilla extract. Mix until the ingredients form a crumbly texture.
- Press into Pan: Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pie pan to form the crust. Make sure it’s evenly distributed.
- Chill: Place the pan in the refrigerator while you prepare the pumpkin filling.
Instructions For the Pumpkin Filling:
- Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C).
- Mix Ingredients: In a mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, powdered erythritol, pumpkin pie spice, ground cinnamon, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add Eggs and Cream: Add the eggs and heavy cream to the pumpkin mixture. Stir until fully incorporated. Don’t overmix.
- Pour into Crust: Pour the pumpkin filling into the chilled pie crust.
- Bake: Place the pie in the preheated oven and bake for about 45-50 minutes or until the pie is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool: Allow the pie to cool at room temperature, then refrigerate for a few hours or until it’s well-chilled.
Instructions For Serving:
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream or keto-friendly vanilla ice cream for an extra treat.
Keto Pumpkin Pie Tips:
- Make sure your pumpkin puree is unsweetened and not pumpkin pie filling.
- If you prefer a sweeter pie, you can adjust the amount of powdered erythritol to your taste.
- For extra flavor, add a pinch of nutmeg or a dash of orange zest to the filling.
Keto Pumpkin Pie Nutrition Facts:
Here’s the approximate nutrition information per serving (1 slice, assuming 10 servings):
- Calories: 240
- Total Fat: 22g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 7g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 6g
Note: The nutrition facts are approximate and may vary based on the specific brands of ingredients you use.
This keto pumpkin pie is the ideal dessert for any special occasion, especially during the fall season. You can enjoy the rich, comforting flavors of pumpkin pie without worrying about carbs. So, go ahead and treat yourself and your loved ones to a slice of keto happiness.