Golden Pan Fried Chicken Breast: A Special Occasion Delight
Elevate your special occasion with our Golden Pan Fried Chicken Breast. This classic dish combines the crispy perfection of pan-fried chicken with a touch of elegance, making it a go-to recipe for any celebration.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cooking oil, for frying
- Lemon wedges and fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
- Meat mallet
- Plastic wrap
- Shallow bowls or plates
- Skillet or frying pan
Preparing the Chicken:
- Prep the Chicken: Lay the chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound them with a meat mallet to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch.
- Season the Chicken: In a small bowl, mix the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with this spice blend.
Breading the Chicken:
- Set Up Breading Station: In three separate shallow bowls or plates, set up your breading station. Fill one with flour, another with a mixture of beaten eggs and milk, and the third with a combination of breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Coat with Flour: Dredge each chicken breast in the flour, ensuring an even coating. Shake off any excess.
- Dip in Egg Mixture: Dip the floured chicken into the egg and milk mixture, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Coat with Breadcrumbs: Finally, coat the chicken in the breadcrumb and Parmesan mixture, pressing the breadcrumbs onto the chicken to adhere well.
Pan-Frying the Chicken:
- Heat Oil: In a large skillet or frying pan, heat about 1/4 inch of cooking oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers.
- Fry the Chicken: Carefully add the breaded chicken breasts to the hot oil. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they’re golden brown and cooked through. The internal temperature should reach 165°F (74°C).
- Drain and Rest: Remove the chicken from the skillet and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil. Let them rest for a few minutes.
- Garnish and Serve: Optionally, garnish the pan-fried chicken breast with lemon wedges and fresh herbs like parsley or thyme. Serve immediately.
- For extra flavor, you can add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the breadcrumb mixture for a subtle kick.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked to perfection without overcooking.
- If you’d like a lighter version, you can pan-fry the chicken in olive oil or a mix of butter and oil.
Here’s the approximate nutrition information for one serving of pan-fried chicken breast (assuming this recipe makes 2 servings):
- Calories: 490
- Total Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 210mg
- Sodium: 560mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 38g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 44g
Note: The nutrition facts are approximate and may vary based on the specific brands of ingredients you use.
Our Golden Pan-Fried Chicken Breast is the epitome of a special occasion dish – crispy, tender, and bursting with flavor. Perfect for a dinner party or just to treat yourself, this recipe is a culinary delight that will leave everyone craving more. Enjoy!