Gluten free soy sauce
Are you ready to elevate your culinary game with a gluten-free twist? Say goodbye to gluten concerns and dive into the world of homemade gluten-free soy sauce. Whether you have celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, or you’re just on a gluten-free diet, this recipe will help you unlock a world of umami-rich flavors. Let’s embark on a delicious journey.
- 1 cup gluten-free tamari sauce (available in most grocery stores)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Sterilized glass container for storing
- Combine Ingredients: In a saucepan, combine the gluten-free tamari sauce, water, brown sugar, rice vinegar, garlic powder, ground ginger, and black pepper.
- Stir and Heat: Stir the mixture thoroughly over medium heat. Bring it to a gentle boil.
- Simmer: Reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking or burning.
- Cool: Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature. It will thicken as it cools.
- Strain (Optional): If you prefer a smoother soy sauce, strain the mixture to remove any solids.
- Store: Pour the gluten-free soy sauce into a sterilized glass container with an airtight seal. Store it in the refrigerator.
Gluten free soy sauce Tips:
- Gluten-Free Tamari: Ensure you use a gluten-free tamari sauce, as regular soy sauce contains wheat and is not gluten-free.
- Taste and Adjust: Feel free to adjust the sweetness, saltiness, or other flavors to your preference. You can add more brown sugar for sweetness or tamari for saltiness.
- Consistency: The sauce will thicken as it cools, so don’t worry if it appears thin while still warm.
Gluten free soy sauce Nutrition Facts:
Here’s the approximate nutrition information per serving (1 tablespoon):
- Calories: 15
- Total Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 870mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 2g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Note: The nutrition facts are approximate and may vary based on the specific brands of ingredients you use.
With this homemade gluten-free soy sauce, you can savor all the flavors of traditional soy sauce without worrying about gluten. It’s a versatile condiment that can be used in various Asian and fusion dishes. So, get ready to infuse your culinary creations with the savory goodness of soy sauce, all while staying true to your gluten-free lifestyle. Enjoy your special occasions with confidence and flavor!