Gluten free biscuits and gravy
If you’re on a gluten-free journey but crave the comforting, classic dish of biscuits and gravy, we have fantastic news for you. You don’t have to miss out on this delectable breakfast anymore. Get ready to savor the warmth of homemade gluten-free biscuits smothered in rich, savory gravy. Whether it’s a special morning or just a day when you need some extra comfort, this recipe is here to satisfy your cravings.
Ingredients For Gluten-Free Biscuits:
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup buttermilk (use a gluten-free version if needed)
Ingredients For Sausage Gravy:
- 1/2 pound gluten-free sausage
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowls
Instructions For Gluten-Free Biscuits:
- Preheat: Preheat your oven to 450°F (232°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the gluten-free all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in Butter: Add the cold, cubed butter to the dry ingredients. Use a pastry cutter or your fingers to work the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add Buttermilk: Pour in the buttermilk and stir until just combined. The dough will be sticky.
- Shape and Bake: Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and gently pat it down to about 1/2-inch thickness. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits. Place them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
Instructions For Sausage Gravy
- Cook Sausage: In a skillet over medium heat, cook the gluten-free sausage until it’s browned and cooked through, breaking it up into crumbles.
- Add Flour: Sprinkle the gluten-free all-purpose flour over the cooked sausage and stir until the flour is absorbed.
- Pour in Milk: Gradually pour in the milk, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Cook and whisk until the mixture thickens.
- Season: Season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook for a few more minutes until the gravy reaches your desired consistency.
Gluten free biscuits and gravy Tips:
- For gluten-free biscuits, you can use a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend that’s formulated for baking.
- Be sure to use a gluten-free sausage to ensure the entire dish is gluten-free.
- If the gravy becomes too thick, you can add more milk to reach your desired consistency.
Gluten free biscuits and Gravy Nutrition Facts:
Here’s the approximate nutrition information per serving (2 biscuits with gravy):
- Calories: 380
- Total Fat: 18g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 820mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 46g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 9g
Note: The nutrition facts are approximate and may vary based on the specific brands of ingredients you use.
Now you can relish the heartiness of biscuits and gravy without worrying about gluten. Whether it’s a special breakfast or a weekend treat, this gluten-free version will fill your heart and tummy with warmth. So, whip up this delightful dish and enjoy those special occasions to the fullest.