Fluffy Egg White Frittata
Elevate your special occasions with our Fluffy Egg White Frittata. This delectable dish is not only a feast for the taste buds but also a beautiful addition to your table. Packed with wholesome ingredients and bursting with flavors, it’s sure to impress your guests.
- 12 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (red, yellow, or green)
- 1 cup diced red onions
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray
- Oven-safe non-stick skillet
- Mixing bowls
Preparing the Oven:
- Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
Sautéing the Vegetables:
- Heat the Skillet: Heat the olive oil in an oven-safe non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté Onions and Peppers: Add the diced red onions and bell peppers to the skillet. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add Mushrooms and Spinach: Toss in the sliced mushrooms and fresh spinach leaves. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes until the mushrooms are tender, and the spinach wilts. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Whipping the Egg Whites:
- Prepare the Egg Whites: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg whites and skim milk until frothy.
- Add Seasoning: Season the egg white mixture with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
Assembling and Baking:
- Evenly Distribute Tomatoes: Sprinkle the diced tomatoes evenly over the sautéed vegetables in the skillet.
- Pour Egg White Mixture: Slowly pour the seasoned egg white mixture over the vegetables.
- Top with Cheese: Sprinkle the reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
- Baking Time: Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the frittata is set and the top is golden.
- Broil (Optional): If you desire a more golden top, you can briefly broil the frittata for 1-2 minutes, but watch it closely to prevent burning.
- Let It Rest: Allow the frittata to cool slightly before slicing.
- Slice and Serve: Slice the frittata into wedges and serve. It’s delicious on its own or with a side salad.
- Use a non-stick skillet for easy removal and to avoid sticking.
- Customize your frittata by adding your favorite veggies or herbs.
- For extra protein, you can add diced cooked chicken, turkey, or smoked salmon.
Here’s the approximate nutrition information for one serving of Egg White Frittata (assuming this recipe makes 6 servings):
- Calories: 95
- Total Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 225mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 6g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 12g
Note: The nutrition facts are approximate and may vary based on the specific brands of ingredients you use.
Our Fluffy Egg White Frittata is the perfect dish to celebrate special occasions or add a touch of elegance to your brunch. With its airy texture and colorful medley of vegetables, it’s as pleasing to the eyes as it is to the palate. Enjoy!