Creamy Vegan banana pudding
Indulge in the creamy, dreamy goodness of our Vegan Banana Pudding. Perfect for special occasions or when you’re craving a comforting, dairy-free dessert. This classic treat gets a plant-based twist without compromising on flavor. Follow our simple recipe to create a luscious, guilt-free dessert that will have everyone asking for seconds.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours (includes chilling time)
- Servings: 6
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (12-ounce) vanilla wafer cookies (make sure they’re vegan)
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup coconut whipped cream (store-bought or homemade)
- Vegan chocolate chips (optional, for garnish)
- Prepare the Base: In a medium saucepan, combine the mashed bananas, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Mix well. Gradually whisk in the almond milk until the mixture is smooth.
- Cook the Pudding: Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. This should take about 8-10 minutes. Once it thickens, remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Layer the Pudding: In a serving dish or individual dessert cups, begin by placing a layer of vanilla wafer cookies at the bottom.
- Add Sliced Bananas: Arrange a layer of sliced bananas over the cookies.
- Pour the Pudding: Pour half of the cooked banana pudding over the banana and cookie layer.
- Repeat: Add another layer of cookies, sliced bananas, and the remaining pudding.
- Chill: Cover the dish or cups and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, allowing the pudding to set and the flavors to meld.
- Serve: Just before serving, top with a generous dollop of coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of vegan chocolate chips (if desired).
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)
|Dietary Fiber (g)||3|
|Total Fat (g)||4.5|
|Saturated Fat (g)||1.5|
|Vitamin C (mg)||8|
Vegan banana pudding Tips:
- Ensure your vanilla wafer cookies are truly vegan by checking the ingredients list.
- Make your own coconut whipped cream by refrigerating a can of full-fat coconut milk, then whipping the solid part with a touch of sweetener.
- For extra flavor, you can sprinkle a dash of cinnamon over the banana layers.
- The longer the pudding chills, the better the flavors meld, so consider making it a day in advance for special occasions.
Enjoy your delicious vegan banana pudding!