Elevate your dining experience with this Creamy Spinach Chicken recipe, perfect for a special occasion. Succulent chicken strips meet the richness of Parmesan and double cream, all enveloped in a velvety spinach sauce. With easy-to-follow steps, you can create a gourmet dish that’s both indulgent and satisfying.
- 30g unsalted butter
- 240g baby spinach
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced crosswise into strips
- 4 finely chopped or grated garlic cloves
- 200ml double cream
- 40g finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
1. Prepare the Spinach:
- In a large skillet, melt the unsalted butter over medium heat.
- Add the chopped garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add the baby spinach, allowing it to wilt and reduce in volume. This should take about 3-4 minutes. Set the spinach aside.
2. Cook the Chicken:
- In the same skillet, add a bit more butter if needed.
- Add the sliced chicken strips and cook until they’re no longer pink in the center, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
3. Create the Creamy Sauce:
- Pour the double cream into the skillet and bring it to a gentle simmer. Let it simmer for about 3-4 minutes, allowing it to thicken slightly.
4. Add the Parmesan:
- Stir in the finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano and let it melt into the cream, creating a luscious, cheesy sauce.
5. Combine and Serve:
- Return the cooked spinach and chicken to the skillet, folding them into the creamy sauce. Let them heat through for a few minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Plate and Enjoy:
- Serve your Creamy Spinach Chicken hot, garnished with extra grated Parmesan if desired.
- This dish pairs wonderfully with pasta or rice.
- Feel free to add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a subtle kick.
- For extra flavor, you can sprinkle some fresh herbs like basil or parsley over the top.
Spinach Chicken Nutrition Facts:
|Serving Size||Calories||Total Fat||Saturated Fat||Cholesterol||Sodium||Total Carbohydrate||Dietary Fiber||Sugars||Protein|