Indulge in the heartwarming flavors of our Creamy Chicken Asparagus Soup, the perfect addition to your special occasion menu. This soup combines tender chicken, vibrant asparagus, and a rich, creamy broth to create a bowl of pure comfort.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Large pot or Dutch oven
- Immersion blender (or regular blender)
Preparing the Soup:
- Cook the Chicken: In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the chicken breasts over medium-high heat until they are no longer pink in the center, about 5-7 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pot and set it aside to cool. Once cooled, shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Sauté the Aromatics: In the same pot, add the butter, chopped onion, and minced garlic. Sauté over medium heat until the onion becomes translucent.
- Make the Roux: Sprinkle the flour over the sautéed onions and garlic. Stir to form a roux, cooking for about 1-2 minutes to remove the raw flour taste.
- Add Broth and Asparagus: Gradually pour in the chicken broth, stirring to combine with the roux. Add the fresh asparagus pieces and dried thyme. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the asparagus is tender.
- Blend the Soup: Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can carefully transfer the hot soup to a regular blender in batches to blend until smooth.
- Cream and Cheese: Return the soup to low heat and stir in the heavy cream and grated Parmesan cheese. Continue to heat until the cheese is melted and the soup is hot but not boiling.
- Chicken and Seasoning: Add the shredded chicken to the soup and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Garnish: Ladle the Creamy Chicken Asparagus Soup into bowls and garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
- For extra flavor, you can add a splash of white wine when sautéing the onions and garlic.
- If the soup is too thick, you can thin it with additional chicken broth until it reaches your desired consistency.
Here’s the approximate nutrition information for one serving of Creamy Chicken Asparagus Soup (assuming this recipe makes 6 servings):
- Calories: 300
- Total Fat: 20g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 800mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 10g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 23g
Note: The nutrition facts are approximate and may vary based on the specific brands of ingredients you use.
Our Creamy Chicken Asparagus Soup is the embodiment of comfort and flavor. Serve it at your special occasion to delight your guests with a bowl of pure indulgence. Enjoy!