- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded serrano chile
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (8-ounce) New York strip steaks, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- Herbed Corn Muffins
- Quick Chilled Pea Soup
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Place first 6 ingredients in a bowl; gently stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, cumin, and next 4 ingredients (through cinnamon) in a bowl; rub spice mixture over both sides of steaks. Place steaks on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes; cut across the grain into thin slices. Serve with salsa.
Yields: Serves 4 (serving size: 3 ounces steak and 1/4 cup salsa)
Prep: 26 minutes
Total: 26 minutes