- 300 g Macaroni
- 30 g Butter
- 30 g Plain flour
- 500 ml Milk
- 100 g Cheese cheddar or mix packs 4 cheeses
- 50 g Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 50 g Cauliflower finely chopped
- 100 g Lardons or sliced Bacon
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions and remove them 5 minutes before ready.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the flour and stir to form a roux. Cook it for 1 minute. Gradually add in the milk whisking until the sauce has thickened. (5-7min)
- In a different saucepan add your oil and fry the lardons for 1min and toss the finely chopped cauliflower.
- Remove the sauce from the hob and add in the drained pasta, the cheese, the lardons and the cauliflower and mix well
- Transfer in a overproof dish and sprinkle the parmesan over the top and place it under the grill.
- Cook until the top is brown and bubbling. (10-15 min)
Prep Time 30
Cook Time 20
Passive time: 10