It is very flavourful and takes under 30 minutes from start to finish. Perfect for those nights when you contemplate getting a take-out.
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 500g /18oz chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite size
- 2 – 3 Tbsps satay paste – to taste
- 1 red capsicum (about 200g/7oz), deseeded and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Coriander, chopped
- Fresh chill, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges
- In a 26cm (10-inched) non-stick pan, add cooking oil. When the oil is hot, add chopped brown onion and cook until slightly brown on the edges and translucent.
- Add chicken pieces and stir to mix with the onion. Brown chicken on both sides over medium heat.
- Turn the heat to low and add satay paste. Stir to mix with the chicken mixture for about 10 seconds.
- Add capsicum and stir to mix with the pan mixture. Cook for a further 10 seconds.
- Stir in the coconut milk and cook over low-medium heat until the sauce is bubbling and thickened. Check for taste. Add salt if required.
- It is optional but you can garnish with chopped coriander, fresh chilli and/or lime wedges just before serving. Serve immediately with rice.
Serves: 2 – 3