- 6 large potatoes(about 2 pounds for 4 servings)
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1 to 2tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2tsp paprika(optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray with non-stick spray or brush with oil.
- Fill a pot with about 1quart -2quarts of water, add 1tbl salt, bring to boil, then reduce heat to gentle simmer.
- In the meantime peel potatoes, slice them, using a small metal cookie cutter cut out as many hearts as you can. Reserve scraps in water, you can also par-cook scraps or make mashed potatoes
- Cook potatoes in simmering water for 3 minutes, drain potatoes and let cool slightly.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade : olive oil, salt, caraway seed, pepper, paprika.
- Pour marinade over potatoes, stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Spread marinaded potatoes evenly onto the baking sheet.
- Roast them for 20-25 minutes, in halftime using an off set silicone spatula carefully turn the potatoes (don’t forget to use oven mittens when handling hot baking sheet!).
- If your oven has a broiler, broil potatoes for additional 5 minutes or until they are golden on brown.