- 2 tablespoons chopped red sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 scallion, sliced [divided]
- 1 strip of thick cut bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese, like cheddar or Monterey Jack
- 1 large flour tortilla, gluten free, if that is how you roll.
Add condiments and additions that you like on burritos:
- shredded lettuce
- additional jalapeno
- sliced avocados
- sour cream
- Cook the bacon until crispy.
- Remove the drippings form the bacon, but return 1 tablespoon to the pan.
- In the bacon drippings, saute the peppers and the white part of the scallion [save the green part for topping the burrito], until tender crisp.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the sauteed vegetables evenly in the pan, and pour the eggs over , titling the pan to spread them out.
- Gently lift the cooked edges of the eggs, and tilt to pan let the liquid eggs run under the edge.
- When the eggs are nearly cooked, gently flip the whole omelet over and immediately sprinkle with some grated cheese.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon down the center and fold in the sides.
- Slide the omelet into the center of the warmed tortilla, and top with the additions of your choice, roll up, and enjoy!
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 12 mins