- 4 hot dogs with about 40 calories and 1g fat or less each
- 4 slices turkey bacon or center-cut bacon
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced into strips (not rings)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 light hot dog buns
- 4 teaspoons yellow mustard
- Carefully break 4 toothpicks in half.
- Wrap each hot dog in a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick half at each end. Set aside.
- Bring a large skillet or grill pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove.Add onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the skillet/pan and set aside.Remove the skillet/pan from heat, re-spray, and bring to medium heat. Add bacon-wrapped hot dogs and cook until bacon is crisp and fully cooked and hot dogs are heated through, about 6 minutes, rotating the hot dogs several times to evenly cook the bacon. Set aside.Evenly spread mayo inside the buns.
- Remove toothpicks from the hot dogs and place a bacon-wrapped dog in each bun.
- Top each dog with a teaspoon of mustard.Evenly distribute veggie mixture among the dogs.
Total: 25 min
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 15 min
Yield: 4 servings