Creamy Lemon Parmesan Shrimp is a gourmet meal! Only minutes to make and full of lemon parmesan flavours with a good kick of garlic and the option of NO HEAVY CREAM! Only 7 grams of fat per serve!
- 1 pound | 500 grams jumbo-sized shrimp (or banana prawns)
- 1 tablespoon butter (or olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1½ cups milk (full fat or 2% — or sub with reduced fat cream, heavy cream or thickened cream)*
- ⅓ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour) mixed with 1 tablespoon of milk
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice — juice of 1 lemon (adjust to your tastes)
- Heat the butter (or oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter has melted and pan is hot. Fry the shrimp (prawns) for 2 minutes each side until pink and ‘just’ cooked. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the garlic to the remaining butter (or oil) in the pan and fry until fragrant (about 1 minute). Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the milk (or cream). Bring the sauce to a boil; season with salt and pepper to your taste; add in the parmesan cheese and and allow sauce to simmer for about 2 minutes until thicker. Add the cornstarch/water mixture into the centre of the pan and whisk through fast to combine into the sauce. It will begin to thicken immediately.
- Take off heat and stir in the lemon juice. Add the shrimp (prawns) back into the pan; top with lemon slices, parsley, extra parmesan cheese, cracked pepper and salt (if needed), to serve.
- Serve over steamed vegetables, zucchini noodles, rice or cooked pasta.
*For a no dairy option, almond milk or coconut milk or may be used. Just be aware the sauce will take on the flavour of the milk you choose!