Found this recipe while I was stumbling for some sweet and recipe that I can cook once and eat for a whole week so I was lucky enough to get those protein bars. These protein bars are made out of natural ingredients which contains proteins, healthy fats and antioxidants!!
If you are really a sweet loving person you should give this recipe a try. The bars are completely filled with nuts, seeds, fruits and superfoods and most important is that you can easily store them up and pick when you need. They also consits of maca root, acai berry and chia seed in them, all of which are considered as superfood as they prvide you with proteins and essential things that a human body needs.
Enough talk lets head to the main course now
Chocolate Berry Superfood Bars
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 2 tbsp maca
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1 cup dates
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1-3 tbsp almond milk
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp acai powder
- 1-2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup desicated coconut
- 1/4 cup chia seed
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup cashews
- tsp vanilla
- Line a baking tin with non stick paper
- Place all base ingredients apart from almond milk into the food processor and blend until fine and crumbly
- If the mix is too dry and doesn’t stick when pushed down add small amounts of almond milk and mix until sticky
- Push base down into tin firmly and place in freezer while you prepare top layer
- Place all topping ingredients into food processor and blend until smooth – will still be quite thick because of the frozen berries
- Pour onto the base and smooth down with a spatula
- Put any toppings on and push down into the mix
- Place in freezer to set for half an hour
- Slice into desired sizes! I store a few slices in the fridge and some in the freezer as they are best thawed a little!
Yum! These and super yummy definitely give them a go!
Recipe adapted from PheebsFoods